Dear Network Members,
We hope this email find you well. We would like to update you on the upcoming EASA conference and also invite you to join us at the ASN network meeting!
- Early bird registration ends soon, on 29th of June: https://easaonline.org/conferences/easa2020/registration
- You will find all information regarding
Shindig (the online platform used), timing of the papers etc. on the
“information for authors and convenors” webpage: https://easaonline.org/conferences/easa2020/info
- There will be two network affiliated panels (scheduled at the following time, but please re-check prior the conference):
- P077 Securitized Education: critical perceptions on the entanglements between
military, security and education [Anthropology of Security Network,
Peace and Conflict Studies in Anthropology PACSA] , Wednesday 22 July, 8:30-10:15, 11:00-12:45
- P116The Future in Security: ethnographies of security at the edge of tomorrow [Anthropology of Security Network, ASN], Tuesday 21 July, 11:00-12:45, 14:00-15:45
- P077 Securitized Education: critical perceptions on the entanglements between military, security and education [Anthropology of Security Network, Peace and Conflict Studies in Anthropology PACSA] , Wednesday 22 July, 8:30-10:15, 11:00-12:45
Network Meeting: Monday 20th of July
The network meeting will be carried out through the same Shindig platform as the conference. It is not restricted to who is registered to the conference. Even if you are not attending the conference, this enables you to join the network meeting. We will circulate a link to join the meeting as well as time, which will also be available on the conference webpage.
In our ASN meeting we would like to update you on the networks activities
and in specific discuss future directions and possible activities. We
will also be holding the bi-annual election for convenors. In occasion of the
conference in 2019 several possibilities to make the network more useful to
its members were discussed, some of which we have initiated since. But there is
certainly room for more, which we are looking forward to discuss.
Save the date, we invite “old and new” colleagues to join the meeting, which is open to everyone interested!
Alex, Tereza, Monika